Update: This post is now closed since the temporary moderators have been selected. Please see this announcement for details.
Important: if you're nominated and accept the nomination, please add the word 'accept' somewhere in the answer, and also mention which timezones you are likely to be able to handle.
Based on the web-apps template, we should be choosing candidates to be our site moderators.
- Each nomination should be a separate answer. Link the name to the user's profile so we can see their activity.
- The nominee should indicate their acceptance by editing the answer, adding that they accept the nomination. Optionally they can write something about their self. This can be just practical stuff like which hours and how many hours they expect to spend on the site, but also some motivation.
- From the top voted nominees a number of temporary moderators will be appointed, until the site is out of beta and real elections can be held.
- Must be a currently registered user in good standing
- Must have a reasonably high reputation score to indicate active, consistent participation.
- Should exhibit patience and fairness at all times in their questions, answers, and comments.
- Should lead by example, showing respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- They should want the responsibility. Nominating users isn’t the same as an obligation. It’s purely voluntary!
When nominating, please put the name of the nominee as a heading (with a #) and as a link to their real profile. Also add a link to their meta profile. (See the already provided answers). After that, please keep them empty for the nominees to add information themselves.
Besides voting, everybody could off course also point out in the comments why that nominee is a good candidate to be moderator or not.
Read more about the moderator nomination process here.